|J in the Reference Room, Feb. 2020|
What: Access to Reference Room for Quiet Study
Who: LPTS Students, Employees, Faculty only
When: Thurs. Dec. 3rd – Thurs. Dec. 17th 2020 (Mon, Tues, Wed. and Thurs only)
Appointments must be made for 2 hour blocks a minimum of 24 hours in advance:
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (W + Th)
Maximum Number of Patrons allowed during each time block: 6
- Quiet study space
- Access to reference books
- Agree that reservation is being made for self - LPTS Students, Staff, or Faculty.
- Agree not to show up if appointment is not confirmed (i.e. unavailable).
- Agree that only person named on reservation will show up (no child or spouse, etc.)
- Agree to provide a Picture Identification (A valid LPTS ID or a valid Driver License, Passport) – this will be retained by Desk staff and will be returned after space has been cleaned
- Agree to take temperature, answer all sign in questions and sign designated Facilities sign-in log in lobby
- Agree to wear a mask during entire time in the Reference Room
- Agree to limit self to Lobby, Reference Room, and Restroom on main floor
- Agree to place books handled in reshelving bin for 7 day quarantine period
- Agree to thoroughly clean/sanitize space before departing
- Agree to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between one another and remain in designated seating (patrons are not allowed to move chairs) while studying
Those not following rules will be noted and asked to leave
Reference Room Access will reclose after 5 total infractions of pandemic-related rules
Reference Room Access will reclose if
- If mandated by state, city, or LPTS administration
- Any individual who tests positive for COVID 19 has been known to enter the library building while infected with the virus
- Patrons will be provided
with cleaning supplies and instructions for use.
* https://globalepidemics.org/ Global Pandemics Explained. Brown University School of Public Health